Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Healthy and Diverse Observation/Thoughts


Can you maintain a healthy relationship without diversity?
Traditional saying 'Opposite's Attract' .  Does one truly want their opposite or someone that mirrors the foundation in which was instilled in them?  

I think for some, the diversity one seeks is actually a commonality.  Opposites attract, yes, however it is of my opinion, within the opposition there are remote similarities in which a common bond is/should be echoed. 


Having a mate with very similar core values with the aspiration to embrace different cultures is a key factor.  There are benefits to someone completely opposite I'm sure. However I feel when your values are similar, your background is one that will compliment the other. You are willing to increase your knowledge, tear down any walls that hamper the diversity together which makes for a more fulfilling and healthy relationship.  If you are unwilling to expand your horizons by experiencing and embracing new things together how do you keep that relationship "HOT".


As an example I am a food person...Hell I adore food.  The preparation of different meals can be a form of foreplay. The willingness to try new cuisine with your mate may even satisfy the hungriest of appetites. Didn't think I would ever eat alligator, but I tried it and liked it. Didn't think I would like sushi.  I tried it and found there were certain items that pleased the pallet and some that didn't. When your companion is not willing to embrace the new, the relationship becomes stagnant and you grow apart. Having someone that is willing to indulge in such adventurous pleasures with you is one that will complete you, and turn the key to unlock that healthy and diverse relationship. 




~~~~ Skin I'm In~~~



No comments:

Post a Comment