Thursday, January 30, 2014

Die Bitch

You're probably 6'9" or better, 260-270 pounds, pants hanging off your tail walking around like King Kong ain't got ish on you!! A tattoo on your hands which reads "DIE BITCH".  A piss poor tattoo I might add.  Should I be intimidated by your persona? The thought brings a smile to my face, the answer 'NO'. AM I intimidated by your facades? The words escape my lips....'Hell No!!'  Will all 5'1" of me pull your card when you cross my path more than once, coming into my place of business asking me to personally , loan you money and the sort? ABSOLUTELY! As you advise me that you will let me hold the gold ring on your finger as collateral. 


I sense annoyance developing as though you are offended by my questioning.  If you are offended....I have succeeded in the fact that you have pondered my questions and I've gotten underneath your skin. Perhaps you will soon understand that your choice of words which are etched in your skin until you decide to cover them up, speak mountains of your character.  


Your reply to my question..."I had that put on my hands for those that kicked me when I was down.  I've done time, been shot and stabbed multiple times, women including my mother have done me wrong and I'm still here!"   Clown you are here by the Grace of God!  Apparently HE has something for you to do, something for you to share.  You have a purpose and HE has a Plan tailored made for you.  From what I have ascertained from our conversations, your mother showed you tough love. If it was charted as kicking you while you were down, growth in Christ, knowledge, family love, etc is still needed.   You acknowledge, not many question you without repercussions. Again, am I intimidated?  Nada! You thank me for not sugar coating my thoughts while advising you that some of your actions have been less than desirable and will dampen your ability to obtain certain jobs.


Will you change? Maybe, but not overnight.  When in my presence will you exhibit respect? Yes.


The purpose of this post is to express that we are what we speak, whether verbally or otherwise.  We need to be cognizant of how we carry ourselves even in times of adversity.


~~~Skin I'm In~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment