Monday, September 8, 2014

Too Much The Same, Too Late To Change, Pain

For so long we chose to wait
Thirty years 
You unlocked the gate
I played my hand at love 
A full house I thought we had
Instead you decided to fold
Not once saying it was too late

The love we shared 
We craved insatiably 
Our storms of passion
Felt just like home
With every embrace, every glance 
With every moan.

At night when I close my eyes
 I can not stand the sight 
A vacancy,
You not being in my life.
Life consumed by time
I found I was blind
To the truth
Wondering if she loves and wants you 
With the pain I do.

The rain now stings my eyes
 Stained with red and open wide
You will see I'm broken,
Though taking all things in stride.

You left me to drown 
As the seasons changed
From the sounds of winter
To the summer snow.
Preyed upon by the hunter
There was no way to know.

We were too much the same
Not willing to change
I walk lazily,
Where the butterflies rest easily,
We were too much the same
No one to blame.

~~~Skin I'm In~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment