Thursday, September 4, 2014

Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay - Random Thoughts

Sitting on the Dock of the Bay, Watching the tide roll away. 
Popular Lyrics from Otis Redding.

My days off are oftentimes spent on the cliffs overlooking the bay and the boardwalk at the river's edge. 
"Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay" , I had this song on vinyl as a child.  Never really understood the meaning then. 
A melancholy piece.

 I find it amusing as I sit in the morning sun.
You will find me sitting when the evening comes. 
  I sit with my purple pen and journal, enjoying the beauty of life. 
I am captivated by the ripples as the sun hits off of the liquid gold shining like diamonds. Every movement has a story carried out to sea. These same stories re-emerge only during the storm while the rocks sit silently chilled by the gossip of the taunting tide.  

~~~Skin I'm In~~~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment