Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Defenseless

Defenseless
Nothing really left to say
Captured by my own thirst
To experience a love unknown
  Shackled by confusion
 
Hear me when I say
No more to be led to what is thought to be
  The point of no return
  In your secret garden
 
  Never too proud to beg
  Never wanted to be blinded by the uncertainty 
Procured by your mystery
My spirit embraces the intellect
  As it escapes your lips
  Placing shackles on my heart
 
Smitten by the warmth your soul flaunts
Yet unable to translate the emotions
Until the sum of all my fears
Strikes a hearty blow
When no longer a part of you
 
Patiently waiting for an invitation
To hear you play the sound of midnight
Often leaves the question
 Give you my devotion
Remaining defenseless or leave
Allowing the tears
To refresh your memory when someone else
Breaks your heart
 
~~~Skin I'm In~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment