Sunday, March 30, 2014

Self Reflection

I found it necessary to go away by myself for a day, 24 hrs.  
No sounds of I'm tired, my head hurts, my back hurts, what's for dinner? Where are you going? No dismal faces, the sounds of video games or negative attitudes, just me, myself and I coupled with the unknown faces of happiness and the kisses of beautiful weather.  

This was a treat to myself as a time of self reflection.  Where am I in my life? Where have I been and where am I going? The answers that have come to light are those in which I already had knowledge of, but disguised and extradited them to the dark trenches deep within an inviolably private sector of my mind.  This time alone, allowed The Skin I'm In to breathe and exhale the toxins that have settled into a pool of confusion.

The guilty pleasures of solitude drizzled with prime time conversations of the unknown made for an experience long overdue.  During this self reflection it was confirmed I've feared being lonely and alone; however I will confess, that fear is no more. Being alone doesn't mean you're lonely. I have found loneliness to be a state of mind.  A choice in which I choose not to indulge in. Some may long for a husband, wife, boyfriend or girlfriend.  Personally I long for an abundance of peace, joy, love and happiness.  All else will fall into place.

My time of reflection has shown me that I have evolved into a more mature subject matter in respect to personal freedom accepting who I am and knowing how to love being alone. 

~~~Skin I'm In~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment