Thursday, April 24, 2014

My Name Is.....

Once the shy little girl?
Some would say no
The shy one grew into a woman
With a voice to be heard.
A voice bellowing
Not realizing, 
Even though my voice was heard
The world was/is very cold
No one knows my name.

One small spec seen from above
An expression of that which is not seen
On the off chance you get a glimpse
Allow it to imprint upon your heart
For a couple of forevers
Remember its only a glimpse
Eventually just a memory
You have yet to score my name

It's high tide
I hear the beat of my heart
Swept away by the undertow
The mixed emotions stirring 
Remain as the tears flow 
Heavily and silently
What is my name?

You brought about a change
The world seemed delicate and calm
Quickly fading
Into the walls of uncertainty
My name? 

My heart is full of energy
Flowing as the ink escapes my pen
Creativity with fullness and magnitude
Finding solace in writing
Oftentimes hiding behind
The ink stained pages
Embraced by happiness, anger, joy and pain

To know me is to know
My name, 
One with depth and love
Falling hard and hurt often
Not everyone notices
Or pays attention
My name is Life

~~~Skin I'm In~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment